Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books on My Winter To Be Read Pile

 

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.   This meme features a different top 10 list every week.   This week's list is:

Top Ten Books on My Winter To Be Read Pile

I love making reading lists, but I'm not all that great at sticking to them because my reading decisions are strongly influenced by my mood at the time I'm deciding what to read next.   So, while I'm currently planning on reading the books listed below this winter, unless I'm committed to posting a review on a certain day I very well may not get to them until the spring, summer, fall or even next winter :-)



(1) The Harlot's Tale by Sam Thomas.   Due to be released in January, this is the follow-up to Thomas' excellent debut, The Midwife's Tale.  

(2) A King's Ransom by Sharon Kay Penman.   This novel picks up where Lionheart, Penman's novel of Richard I, left off.   Due to be released in early March, I'll be reading this one as soon as it's released :-)

(3) The Summer Queen by Elizabeth Chadwick.  I meant to read this one last summer, but never got the chance. 

(4) The Time Traveller's Guide to Elizabethan England.  I loved Mortimer's The Time Traveller's Guide to Medieval England so I'm very much looking forward to reading this one. 

(5) Hild by Nicola Griffith.   Historical fiction that follows the life of the woman who became known as St Hilda of Whitby.


(6) Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes.  I've heard great things about this book and can't wait to crack it open.

(7) Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardago.   Another book that I've heard fabulous things about.

(8) Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor.   I've had this book on my shelf since it was first released, but have put off reading it until the whole trilogy was available.  Since the third book is due to be published this spring, it's high time I picked this one up.

(9) Golden Fool by Robin Hobb.  I love Hobb's novels.  I started this one, the second in Hobb's Tawny Man trilogy, a few weeks back but had to put it aside to tackle review books.  I'll pick it back up early in 2014.

(10) Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness.  I really enjoyed Harkness' A Discovery of Witches and was super eager to read this one as a result.  When I first started it way back when it was released I had to put it aside because I wasn't in the mood for it.   The final book in the trilogy is due out in summer making the winter the perfect time to (finally) read this one.

What books are on your winter TBR pile?


post signature