Sunday, February 24, 2013

Suddenly Sunday

It's time for Suddenly Sunday, a weekly meme hosted by Svea at Muse in the Fog that gives bloggers the opportunity to share their blogging events from the past week.  

In addition to my regular meme posts, I posted a couple of reviews this past week (click on the book title to read my review):

- Thwarted Queen by Cynthia Haggard

- Mistress to the Crown by Isolde Martyn

My Book Talk discussion focused on negative reviews, and I received some great feedback from other bloggers.  You can join in the discussion by clicking here

Next week is looking to be a busy one on the blog.  In addition to the my meme posts, including Book Talk, I'll also be posting my review and hosting a giveaway for Julie K. Rose's wonderful novel Oleanna, and will follow this up with an author interview.   In addition, my review of Juliet Dark's The Water Witch will be posted by the end of the week. 

Reading-wise I'm sort of all over the place.  I had to put aside Susanna Kearsley's The Firebird in order to tackle some review books and, unfortunately, have not yet had the chance to get back to it.   Given it's one of the books I'm most looking forward to reading this year, I want to make sure I do the book justice by focusing my attention solely on it.  For this reason I'm not sure I'll get back to it for another month or two.    I started The Last Summer by Judith Kinghorn yesterday and think it's fabulous!  I'm also reading A Conspiracy of Alchemists by Liesel Schwarz, but I'm not sure what I think about it so far.  Steampunk novels can be hit or miss for me.  

What are you reading right now?