Sunday, September 4, 2011

Suddenly Sunday

It's time for this week's edition of Suddenly Sunday, a weekly meme hosted by Svea over at The Muse in the Fog Book Review.  

Despite my good intentions, this past week wasn't a very productive one blogging-wise.   I've got a couple of reviews to write, one for The Gallows Curse by Karen Maitland and the other for Sharpe's Tiger by Bernard Cornwell, but keep putting them off.   The fact that I'm struggling to come up with what to say about Maitland's novel is the primary reason why I'm procrastinating.   I thought the book was very good, but it's a hard one to describe.   Although it qualifies for both the Historical Fiction Challenge and the British Books Challenge I'm currently participating in, I may just forgo a review unless I can come up with something good soon! 

Reading-wise I've been struggling with what to read lately.   I seem to be off historical fiction at the moment, and have set down both Beneath A Marble Sky by John Shors and Queen By Right by Anne Easter Smith.   The Shors book just wasn't working for me and, while I like the Easter Smith book,  I realized I'm not in the mood for it at the moment so I set it aside for another day.    To fill the void I'm reading some lighter fantasy and Science Fiction fare.   I imagine I'll be back to Queen By Right by the end of this coming week. 

I hope everyone is enjoying the Labour Day Weekend!  Don't you wish every weekend could be a three-day weekend? 

Happy Reading!