Friday, September 24, 2010

Reading Funks

I've been going through a bit of a reading funk lately, and I hope it ends very soon!   I don't get in reading funks all that often, and they are generally characterized by me having zero interest in genres that I normally love such as historical fiction, fantasy and classic literature.   Sometimes my funks are even so bad that I have to take a break from reading altogether for a few days.    I'm not in such a drastic funk at the moment, as books still beckon, it's just that all I feel like reading are light, easy and short reads that require no effort on my part to get through.    My current read, Royal Flush by Rhys Bowen, is a fine example of the type of book I typically turn to when in a reading funk.  The book, which is the third novel in Bowen's Royal Spyness series, continues the adventures of Lady Georgina Rannoch, a young cousin of England's King George V, who is constantly getting herself wrapped up in intrigues and mysteries.   This series is delightfully fun, and definitely qualifies as light and easy.   Hopefully by the time I finish the novel my funk will have passed and I'll be ready to tackle some of my upcoming book club reads, none of which I'm even remotely in the mood for at the moment.